top of page

Government Contracting: DUNS Number, SAM Registration, and CAGE Code


For prospective government contractors, the first step in this venture is to ensure your business is properly registered. Registration requirements include obtaining a Data Universal Number System (DUNS) number, registration in the System for Award Management (SAM), and obtaining a Commercial and Government Entity (CAGE) code for each unique facility location. Simply put, all three are databases or identifiers that monitor and/or classify businesses based on various data points, such as name, address, and type of products or services the business offers. Government contractors are normally required to obtain all three, and joint ventures (JV) must obtain their own, even if the underlying JV members already have them.

Click here to read the full article.

27 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All

How inflation is impacting government contracting

Source: Federal News Network New numbers from the Bureau of Labor Statistics are adding to concern that inflation is going to be with us for some time. The impacts to individual pocketbooks are pretty


bottom of page